Flood Recovery: 2019 Winter Storms and Flooding
- This page is your main resource for flood recovery permitting information in unincorporated Sonoma County.
- Major Wildfires: For fire recovery information, please visit: PermitSonoma.org/Rebuilding
Expedited Permitting for Flood Recovery
Permit Sonoma has staff dedicated to expediting flood recovery permitting. Individuals needing post-flood permitting support should do one of the following:
- Come into the Permit Center located at: 2550 Ventura Avenue in Santa Rosa
- Apply for permits online at: prmd.sonomacounty.ca.gov
- If you apply online, please let us know that your project is a result of flood damage by including the following in the online application's Detailed Description field: 2019 Winter Storms and Flooding
In the three days after flood waters receded, Permit Sonoma staff conducted initial safety assessments on more than 2,000 properties in the lower Russian River area. Of the structures assessed, 600 structure received yellow tags, which means inspectors had determined that there is some risk from damage to the building. 35 structures received red tags, which means that the building is damaged and poses an imminent threat to life or safety under expected loads or other unsafe conditions.
View the map of the final results of these field safety assessments on structures in unincorporated Sonoma County affected by the 2019 Winter Storms and Flooding.