At Permit Sonoma, we have multiple ways to meet the needs of the public. We encourage the use of our online permitting services and email to reach staff at the email addresses below.
On this page:
View more informaion about Virtual Office
Online and Email
- Rebuilding after major wildfires in Sonoma County: Rebuild@sonoma-county.org
- Addressing: PermitSonoma-Addressing@sonoma-county.org
- Building Inspections: PermitSonoma-BuildingInspection@sonoma-county.org
- Building Plan Check: PermitSonoma-PlanCheck@sonoma-county.org
- Code Enforcement: PRMD-Enforcement@sonoma-county.org
- Engineering & Water Resources: PermitSonoma-Engineering@sonoma-county.org
(Encroachments, Grading & Storm Water, Sanitation Sewer)
- Fire Prevention: PRMD-FireDesk@sonoma-county.org
- Permit Technician: PermitSonoma@sonoma-county.org
- Planning/Project Review: Planner@sonoma-county.org
- Records: PermitSonoma-Records@sonoma-county.org
- Survey: PermitSonoma-Survey@sonoma-county.org
- Transportation: PermitSonoma-Transportation@sonoma-county.org
- Vacation Rentals: PRMD-VacationRentals@sonoma-county.org
- Well & Septic: PermitSonoma-Well-Septic@sonoma-county.org
- All other inquires: PermitSonoma@sonoma-county.org
Please call (707) 565-1900 and press 0 to speak to the operator who will direct you to the correct person.
Services will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. If the staff member you are trying to reach is already on the phone, you can leave a voicemail that will be returned within 48-72 hours. Staff will be available to answer questions, initiate permits electronically, and to receive records requests.
Permit Sonoma is currently open to assist customers. Staff is available to assist you with your electronic permit processing. Services will be provided on a first come, first serve basis.
- Face masks are optional for customers and staff.
- Cannot exchange paper with staff.
- There is no customer seating or waiting inside the Permit Center.
- Our occupancy will be limited.
(Virtual services remain available during regular business hours.)
Permit Center In Person Service Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday:
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
10:30 AM – 4:00 PM