Code Enforcement Division
Code Enforcement is the Section that deals with violations of the County's building, zoning, and health regulations. Code Enforcement also administers the County's Abandoned Vehicle Abatement program.
Code Enforcement Investigates
Staff investigates and resolves instances of the following within unincorporated Sonoma County:
- Accessibility complaints
- Abandoned vehicles on private property
- Cannabis violations
- Construction without permits
- Failing septic systems
- Grading and drainage violations
- Health and safety issues (except issues like smoking listed below)
- Housing code violations
- Zoning violations/Illegal uses of land (examples: commercial use in a residential area or vacation rental without permit)
If you want to report an issue that meets one of the above criteria:
Code Enforcement Does Not Investigate
Staff does not investigate instances of the following issues. Please report such issues to the appropriate agency.