Cannabis Program Zoning and Use Permits
The County of Sonoma began to accept applications for Cannabis permits on July 5, 2017. Below are instructions and forms necessary for obtaining Cannabis-related use permits and zoning permits in unincorporated Sonoma County for the categories listed below:
- Cultivation (zoning or use permit)
- Dispensaries (use permit)
- Distribution and Transportation (use permit)
- Manufacturing (use permit)
More Information: Sonoma County Cannabis Program
- Permits are not required for personal use or cultivation.
- Permits for businesses will only be issued for medical use. No permits will be issued for businesses for recreational use.
Customers must submit planning applications electronically. Please follow the process to submit a planning application online:
Do Not Print Out Construction Plans or Other Documents
Construction plans and documents are to be submitted electronically. Paper documents are not accepted when applying for a permit.
The instructions and forms listed below are undergoing review. Some may still contain outdated instructions to print out copies of construction plans and documents. Please ignore that instruction and submit electronically. Only print items if directly instructed by Permit Sonoma for your situation.