The text is excerpted from the following report on file at Sonoma County Permit and Resource Management Department: Historical Resource Study, Knapp Architects, 7097 Westside Road, Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California, September 2014.
- Thompson, Robert; A Historical and Descriptive Sketch of Sonoma County, California. Philadelphia:L.H. Everts & Co., 1872. P 17.
- San Francisco Solano Mission Key Facts,
- Grannett, Jeffrey; Goheen, Austin, and Lider, Lloyd. "Grape Phylloxera in California." California Agriculture. January-February 1987.
- History of Hops. British Hop Association.
- Morehead, Gordon and Vossen Paul. Hop Culture in California. University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources. cesonoma.ucanr.edu/files/27166.pdf
- LeBaron, Gaye. "In other Augusts we'd be out there picking the hops." LeBaron's Notebook.
- Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Santa Rosa, 27 August 1995.
- Bauer, William J. We Were All Like Migrant Workers Here. University of North Carolina Press. Chapel Hill, NC, 2009
- Owen, Lorraine. "Hops and Hop Picking: A Photo Essay."
- The Sonoma County Historical Society Journal, 1986
- Sonoma County Historical Society. Santa Rosa,1986.
- Djordevich, Marie. Handwritten notes by curator for hops exhibit at Healdsburg Museum. Healdsburg Museum archives. 1996.
- Tomlan, Michael A. Tinged with Gold: Hope Culture in the United States. University of Georgia Press. Athens, GA, 1992.
- Sonoma County Tribune. 30 August 1894,
- Hop Pickers to Find Work in this Section." Healdsburg Enterprise. 23 August 1928
- LeMenager, Jim. Manhunt: The Wheatland Hop Riot Case. Unpublished academic paper. 22 May 1967.
- The Resources of California. San Francisco, 1892. Healdsburg Museum
- LeBaron, Gaye, columnist. Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Santa Rosa, 18 January 1976
- LeBaron. Djordjevich's sources said a mold had crippled production at the turn of the century, but agreed that downy mildew in the mid-1940s was a "calamity."
- Djordjevich. The sources in the notes provide conflicting figures for yields
- Thompson & West. Historical Atlas Map of Sonoma County, California. Oakland, Ca. : Thompson & West, 1877.
- Reynolds & Proctor. T8N, R9W. Illustrated Atlas of Sonoma County, California. Santa Rosa: Reynolds & Proctor, ,cl897.
- Sonoma County Recorder. Official Records, Book 960, Page 43-44. Lease Agreement.
- Retired West Side Rancher Passes." The Healdsburg Tribune and Enterprise. Healdsburg, 22 December 1944
- California Death Index, 1940-1997.
- Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010.
- U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards. 1942
- Watson, E.B. Healdsburg area, Sonoma County, California, 1915 IE.B. Watson, et al. ;Bureau of Soils. Oakland, Oakland Blue Print Co., 1916
- Sonoma County tax records. Healdsburg Museum.
- Property Highlights for 7097 Westside Road Healdsburg, CA 95448. Unattributed,one-page document provided by David Ramey. Dated 1/7/00.
- Structure Inventory and History 7097 Westside Road Healdsburg, CA 95448. Unsigned two-page document apparently prepared by Ron and Pam Kaiser. Dated "As of April 29, 1995."