How to Submit Outside Service Area Agreement (OSAA) and Annexations Applications Electronically
To request public sewer service for a property located outside of the service area of a County sanitation district or zone.
If you need assistance determining which forms and materials are required, please send us an email: PermitSonoma-Sanitation@sonoma-county.org
1. Account Registration
Ensure you are registered for a Permits Online account.
Before you can apply for your permit:
- Register for a Permits Online account if you do not have one already.
- Make note of the email address you use to log into your Permits Online account, and provide it to Permit Sonoma staff in Step 3 below.
A Permits Online account is needed so you can check the status of your permits, pay permit fees, schedule inspections, etc.
2. Ensure You Have a Complete Application
Outside Service Area Agreement (OSAA) and Annexations
Ensure you have a complete application. Submitted documents must be in PDF format:
- Review SAN-004 Outside Service Area Sewer section for the required application materials for each type of permit.
3. Application Submittal
Send application materials to:
- Application and detailed site plan must be uploaded as PDF attachments when applying. All other required documents must also be submitted as PDF attachments.
- In the subject line of the email include the property address or parcel number and type of sewer permit application.
- Provide the email address you use to log into your Permits Online Account. (See Step 1 above.)
- If the application is determined to be complete for submittal, you will receive an email with an invoice for the required application fees.
- If the application is incomplete for submittal, you will be notified of the required revisions or missing materials.
4. Fee Payment
Pay for the application online.
- An application will be considered accepted upon receipt of payment.
- Once you receive the application invoice, please visit our online permitting website and
- Select ‘Pay Fees’ on the home page.
- Enter the Record Number and select ‘Search’.
- Select the ‘Payments’ Tab at the top and then ‘Pay Fee’ on the right side of the invoice line.
- Follow the instructions from there.
- Please email PermitSonoma-Sanitation@sonoma-county.org to notify us that you have paid.