- Back to Engineering & Water Resources
A sanitary sewer system collects and transports waste from indoor plumbing fixtures to treatment plants. The Sanitation Sewer division reviews and issues permits related to sanitation and sewer systems for properties in unincorporated Sonoma County.
In areas where public sewer is not available, homeowners must have septic systems installed on their property that will treat wastewater coming from their home.
- Sewer and Water System Permits
- Sewer and Water System Repair Permits
- Sewer and Water Systems Record Drawings
- Sanitation District Record Drawings
- Annexation Applications for Outside Service Areas
- Sewer Inspections
Sanitation Codes & Standards
Codes set forth uniform requirements for contributors to the wastewater collection and treatment systems.