Expedited Plan Review Program
As part of our continued pursuit of process improvements, Permit Sonoma has revived our expedited plan review process. The key elements of the program are listed below:
- A completed form CSS-030 Expedited Plan Review Request (PDF) from the property owner requesting the review, agreeing to pay the overtime (OT) rate of 1 ½ times our published hourly rates for the total hours of plan review.
- The overtime fee will be charged in addition to the regular plan review fee.
- The expedited plan reviews will be taken on a first come first serve basis.
- The expedited plan reviews will be placed in a separate queue so as to not affect the regular workload.
- Staff will be selected based on satisfaction of regular workload expectations and availability. Disaster response and other responsibilities may affect service availability.
We are reviving expedited plan review and other measures to address the current backlog in plan review. Several years ago, as a pilot program, the Well and Septic System Section instituted expedited plan review for 54 projects. The average time to complete individual plan checks was 3 ½ hours. The first review was conducted within two weeks of receiving the request.
Given current processing times, we are re-authorizing and expanding this program to include:
- Building plan review
- Grading plan review
- Septic plan review
- Fire plan review
If you are interested in using this service, the property owner / authorized representative should fill out CSS-030 Expedited Plan Review Request (PDF) and email it to the appropriate Division Manager listed below.