Building Construction Fees
Fee determinations are based on a number of variables.
The Uniform Building Code mandates a fee formula based on the valuation of new structures. This formula considers the following 4 questions:
- What will the use of the structure be?
- What is the contract price of the project?
- What is the square footage?
- What is the quality of the construction?
Other variables which may apply are:
- Will the structure be served by well & septic or sewer & water?
- Will an encroachment permit be required?
- Will fire fees or mitigation measures be required?
- Will drainage review be required?
- Where is the structure located? Some fees are based upon a district, such as school and traffic mitigation fees.
Other fees such as park fees are a fixed amount that we collect for each new living unit.
An Affordable Housing fee may apply to new construction or new square footage added to existing construction for residential and non-residential projects.
Due to the complexity of these determinations, it is unwise to make assumptions until the full scope of a project is determined by Permit Sonoma staff at the time an application is accepted.
Please do not fill in amounts on checks prior to application acceptance.
By viewing these fee schedules, I affirm that I have read and understand the above cautionary statements.
Building Construction Fee Schedule (PDF)