- Accessory Units and Junior Units
- Agricultural Uses
- Agricultural Zoning Ordinance
- Cannabis Program
- County Code for Permit Sonoma
- Housing Urgency Ordinances
- Renewable Energy
- Universal Design
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Winery Events Calendar
- Winery Use Permit Application Process
- Use Permit Application Forms
- Required Site Specific Studies for Wineries
- Private Guest Accommodations
- Examples of Winery Project Descriptions and Conditions of Approval
- Areas of Local Concentration
- Draft Guidelines Dry Creek Valley
- General Noise Standards
- Traffic Studies
- Application Fees
- Document and Map Listings
- Z Accessory Dwelling Unit Exclusion Removal
- Back to Regulations and Initiatives
Sonoma County recognizes that we need a variety of development types to meet our community’s housing needs. Below are links to permitting resources for different types of housing development:
Information about Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs)--smaller living units allowed on parcels with a single-family home.
Housing types allowed on agricultural land, serving the agricultural uses of the land.
Small units similar in scale, bulk, and mass to a single-family home.
Allows a mix of residential and commercial uses in commercial areas where urban services, such as sewer and water, are readily available.
Temporary or permanent area for mobile homes.
Application procedures, application requirements, and development standards for multifamily development and other housing development that requires design review. .
Facilities that are intended to provide housing opportunities in selected commercial zones for lower-income one- or two-person households that cannot typically afford apartments.
Senate Bill 9 allows a property owner to split a lot into two and build up to two new residential units through a ministerial permitting process if the property is within a single-family residential zone and a U.S. Census urban area, and meets certain requirements.
A summary of local and State regulations on all types of small homes.
A combining zone to allow housing on commercial- and industrial-zoned land.