New development proposals are reviewed by the Project Review section for conformance with the County's General Plan, Zoning Codes, design guidelines, and other code requirements to determine the site's suitability and that the development will be compatible with the surrounding neighborhood.
Staff performs the following functions:
- Evaluates applications for new land uses and proposed construction through the permit process, as well as new subdivision proposals.
- Conducts design review and administrative design review for all new commercial and industrial developments and some residential projects in sensitive scenic resource areas.
- Evaluates environmental impacts of private development proposals.
- Coordinates with other Permit Sonoma divisions, such as Building and Engineering, to ensure that standards for building safety and water resources are incorporated into new development.
Projects Currently Under Public Review
- Canyon Rock Asphalt Facility
- Stage Gulch Organics Compost Facility
- Sonoma Country Inn Appeal