Current Local Coastal Plan
The County is in the process of updating the Local Coastal Plan.
Find out more about this update
First mandated in 1979 by the California Coastal Act, the Local Coastal Plan (LCP) serves as an important planning document in managing the conservation and development of the county’s coastal regions.
The current Local Coastal Plan was written in 1981 and amended in 2001. Permit Sonoma staff and consultants are currently in the process of updating the plan.
- Introduction and Summary (PDF: 1 MB)
- Historical Resources (PDF: 360 kB)
- Environment(PDF: 1.2 MB)
- Resources (PDF: 1 MB)
- Recreation (PDF: 3.1 MB)
- Harbor (PDF: 581 kB)
- Development (PDF: 4.3 MB)
- Historic Resources Inventory (PDF: 668 kB)
- Height, Site and Bulk Guidelines (Sea Ranch) (PDF: 160 kB)
- Scenic View Easements (Sea Ranch) (PDF: 868 kB)
- Right-to-Farm Ordinance (PDF: 633 kB)
- General Plan Policies (PDF:2 MB)